I wanted to share with you some of the things I am loving lately in the food/supplement world. I am all about building my body stronger and keeping my immune system healthy. But I have a budget, like everyone else does and I want to enjoy what I am eating/drinking too so nothing too expensive nor ugly tasting.
1. Progressive's Phytoberry is the grand slam when it comes to building the immune system. I mix 2 scoops full and put it into a 28 oz Popeyes bottle (where I buy phytoberry). It has a delicious berry flavour and mixes in really easily. It is totally my jam. Can't get enough, can't say enough good about this product. After hard training sessions, I always hydrate with a couple bottles of water with phytoberry.
"PhytoBerry is a highly concentrated berry based whole food supplement that is loaded with natural antioxidants. Featuring over 40 high ORAC value fruit concentrates, phytonutrients, essential fatty acids and herbal extracts, PhytoBerry is specifically designed to offer whole body antioxidant® protection. A single serving has the equivalent nutrient content of 6 to 8 servings of fresh fruit."
2. Brain octane can be mixed into anything. I have put it in my oatmeal, in smoothies, my husband uses it in his bulletproof coffee and I also add it into my water/phytoberry mix.
"Brain Octane is your go-to fuel source for performance. Brain Octane is naturally found in coconut oil in small quantities, and we concentrate it to provide you with the purest energy source possible. Brain Octane rapidly provides mental and physical energy, powering your day by keeping you satisfied and free from food cravings. Add it to your daily routine, and experience the state of high performance.
3. Moxie HydraMag is a very soluble, smooth, fresh and light tasting beverage that can be used before, during and after exercise. It's pomegranate flavour is amazing. It can be added to your favourite electrolyte mixture or used by itself. I use it mostly after I exercise and I have most certainly noticed an improvement in my recovery in terms of muscle tenderness/soreness and energy right after and the next day.
I am an ambassador for this company so go order some for yourself and use code LB15 to save 15% off your purchase.
"HydraMag® is formulated specifically for endurance athletes, and any athlete or individual questioning their Magnesium intracellular levels. Magnesium enhances exercise performance via increasing glucose availability in the blood, muscle, and brain during exercise. HydraMag® is a strategic solution for increasing your magnesium intracellular levels.
4. Great Lakes Gelatin Collagen Hydrolysate is added to anything and everything; smoothies, oatmeal, water/drink powder, warm beverages. Anything. It does not congeal but mixes in smoothly although it does take a little more shaking to incorporate it into water. I also use this after hard workouts to give my body more amino acids to make me strong like bull😉 I usually buy this product through Amazon or Iherb as it is easier for me in Canada.
"Beef Hydrolyzed Collagen is the unique combination of amino acids in concentrated levels that can promote healing and conditioning over other proteins especially for bone and joint health care. This low molecular weight protein is easily digested for healthy enrichment in minutes after ingestion. It will not congeal because it has been hydrolyzed for quick assimilation and improved hydration to the connective tissue. Collagen is important to nitrogen balance, now considered an anti-aging product as it supports age related cartilage damage, and collagen loss."
5. Sambazon Acai Powder delivers all the benefits and taste of acai in the convenience of a powder. I have tried the Sambazon frozen packs to make my acai bowls but they aren't the easiest to find nor transport with long distances. Instead of the frozen acai packs, I either freeze the almond/coconut milk in ice cube trays or use more frozen strawberries and blueberries. Just thinking about it is making me crave one.
6. Quest bars- oh boy. Chocolate chip cookie dough and I have had a passionate love affair for more than 2 years and it doesn't seem to be fading. It is such an easy thing to grab as a snack or for whatever. It is always in my back pocket of my bike jersey on bike rides, always have 1 in my purse and usually in my desk at work also. The taste is so much like cookie dough but isn't too sweet. It is soft and some people say they put their bar in the microwave for a few seconds to really soften it like an out of the oven freshly baked cookie. My problem is that I love it so much right out of the package, I can't wait the 20 seconds for the warming process.
And along the line of bars, I also included the One bar in salted caramel flavour. It is really good also though nothing yet has outshone the Quest. It does make for a nice change and is my daughter's bar of choice.
That's the countdown of my 9 most popular favs right now. What's yours?