Random things and events from the past week.
1. Received this in the mail because my oldest son took my old road bike and trainer to the city with him after Christmas. My old trainer was a magnetic trainer. This fluid trainer is very different.
2. Visited with the oldest son in the city last weekend and roaring river runner and I went for a long run along the river path. Beautiful morning -10 Celcius and great scenery.
3. Oldest son couldn't wait for breakfast and raided the grocery bag.
4. Yummy brunch of oatmeal with fruit, scrambled eggs, sausages and fruit. I had to remind myself to stop and breath.
5. Going to the watch a movie tonight being shown by the school my daughter goes to. Can't remember the title- something to do with cloudy and a chance of meatballs? I'm not as up on my movies as I would like to be. There are a couple movies that have perked my attention and I have made a note of when they are (March) but for the life of me, I can't remember what they are called.
6. Made 2 amazing recipes the past couple of day. The first one was a coconut macaroon granola which doesn't exactly taste like real macaroons yet (but will) but tastes more like a coconut cookie. It is gluten free and sugar free and is totally amazing on yogurt. I seriously need to hide it or I will need to pull the maternity pants with the elastic front panel out of storage. (lol) Reminds me of my favourite episode of "Friends" at Thanksgiving when Joey is committed to eating the whole turkey and wears Phoebe's maternity pants. It is totally my favourite. The second recipe was a spinach pesto chicken pizza. It is a gluten free crust spread with pesto then topped with cherry tomatoes, sliced mushrooms, chopped chicken, spinach and shredded cheese. So yummy. I also made coconut butter for the first time in my food processor. It was unbelievable in my morning oatmeal.
7. My next food experiment (hopefully tomorrow) will be to make "chips" in my dehydrator with the pulp from my juicer. I have booked myself as math tutor tomorrow to both kids so hopefully can squeeze in a bit of time. I am also booked for a long bike ride of 40 miles tomorrow with the roaring runner on the trainers. I still need to pick out my movie entertainment for the close to 3 hours my butt will be on the bike.
Will keep you posted! Have a great weekend.
p.s Anyone have any advice with the dehydrator and great recipes?
Are you a Friend's fan and if so what is your favourite episode?